Cargill’s cooperation with China can be traced back to the 1970's when the Sino-U.S. Joint Communiqué was just released. Today Cargill is proud to be an integral part of China, having more than 7,000 employees and operating 52 locations in the country.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Cargill is in a unique position to contribute its global expertise to assist China’s ongoing efforts to raise the incomes of its rural population and boost its countryside development. In addition, Cargill’s contributions are aligned with China’s commitment to promoting sustainable agriculture and a secure food supply. Cargill helps China achieve these commitments by improving efficiency and adding value in the production, processing, distribution, and trade of food and agriculture products.
Cargill’s operations in China include businesses of agriculture services, trade and processing of agriculture products, food ingredients, financial and risk management, and industrial.
Cargill China Vision
- Our purpose is to promote sustainable agriculture and a secure food supply for China.
- Our mission is to improve efficiency and add value in the production, processing, distribution and trade of food and agriculture products in China.
- Our approach:
- Add value to our customers and rural communities by training farmers, continuing investments and providing jobs and opportunities.
- Improve the efficiency of distribution systems for food and agricultural products.
- Share our worldwide agriculture and food expertise with Chinese government and customers.
- Enrich the communities where we work and live.